B. Com. Department
- Objectives and Outcomes
- Faculty Profile
- Annual Seminars
- Industrial Visits
- Hira - Intercollegiate Quiz Competition
- Cultural Activities
- After completing three years of Bachelors in Commerce (B.Com) program, students would gain a thorough grounding in the areas related to Commerce and Finance.
- Learners would be able to apply their practical knowledge to face the modern-day challenges in commerce and business.
- Learners would be updated on trends in Marketing, Banking and Management.
- Learners will acquire the skills like effective communication, decision making, problem solving.
- Learners will gain knowledge about various subjects within disciplines of commerce accounting, like economics, finance, auditing and business law.
- To impart the knowledge of various accounting concepts
- To instill the knowledge about accounting procedures, methods and techniques.
- To acquaint them with practical approach to accounts writing by using software package.
- To expose Students of Commerce to basic micro economic concepts and inculcate an analytical approach to the subject matter.
- To stimulate the student interest by showing the relevance and use of various economic theories
- To apply economic reasoning to problems of business.
- To prepare for competitive examinations
- To understand the concept of Simple interest, compound interest and the concept of EMI.
- To understand the concept of shares and to calculate Dividend
- To understand the concept and application of profit and loss in business.
- To establish link between commerce/Business and marketing.
- To understand the basic concept of marketing.
- To understand marketing philosophy and generating ideas for marketing research.
- To develop an analytical ability to plan for various marketing strategy.
- To provide basic knowledge & understanding about business management concept.
- To provide an understanding about various functions of management.
- To offer students good pieces of prose and poetry so that they realize the beauty and communicative power of English
- To expose them to native cultural experiences and situations so that they understand the importance and utility of English language
- To develop overall linguistic competence and communicative skills among the students
- To develop oral and written communicative skills among the students so that their employability enhances and English becomes the medium of their livelihood and personality
- To understand the concept, process and importance of communication.
- To develop awareness regarding new trends in business communication.
- To provide knowledge of various media of communication.
- To develop business communication skills through the application and exercises.
- To enable the students to develop awareness about Corporate Accounting in conformity with the provisions of Companies Act and Accounting as per Indian Accounting Standards.
- To make aware the students about the conceptual aspect of corporate accounting
- To enable the students to develop skills for Computerized Accounting
- To enable the students to develop skills about accounting standards
- The objective of the course is to familiarize the students the basic concept of Macro Economics and application.
- To Study the behavior of the economy as a whole.
- To Study the relationship among broad aggregates.
- To apply economic reasoning to problems of the economy.
- To make the students aware about the Business Environment.
- To create entrepreneurial awareness among students,
- To motivate students lo make their mind set for taking up entrepreneurship as career.
- To understand the concept of population and sample.
- To make decision by using statistical tools
- To understand and to calculate various types of averages and variations.
- To acquaint students with the basic concepts, terms & provisions of Business Laws.
- To develop the awareness among the students regarding these laws affecting business, trade and commerce.
- Students will be able to know practices of law
- To know about the LPG and NEP and its impact
- To understand the trade cycles of business
- To expose students to Cooperative Movement in India and Maharashtra
- To understand the practices of cooperative
- To enable students to understand the working of cooperative organisations for benefit of weaker section
Prin.Dr.Satyajeet Kantilal Shah – M.Com., SET, Ph.D.
He has a total teaching experience of 19 years at under graduate and 29 years at post graduate level. His area of interest is Accountancy, Costing, Taxation. He is member of Solapur university examination panel and syllabus committee. He has completed UGC sponsored research project titled “Investment Decision of Salary Earners and Professionals”.He has completed his Ph.D. from Shri Swami Ramanad Teerth University, Nanded on the topic ‘ An Analytical study of Investment Behavior of Individual Investors In Solapur City”. He has also Published 17 Research papers in International Journal and Published book-“Dynamics of Investing”. He has been awarded as an Ideal Teacher Award in 2011 from Lions Club Solapur. He has worked as Vice president, secretary of Jain Social group Solapur.
Dr.Mrs. Smita Milind Mayekar – M.A., BCJ, B.Ed., SET. Ph.D.
She has 20 years of teaching experience of English at UG and PG level. Her area of specialization is Communication and she has been guiding students to improve their communication skills. Dr. Mayekar has completed her Ph.D. in English (Canadian Literature) and has also completed a UGC sponsored minor research project titled “A Study on the impact of Reading Habits on the Performance of UG and PG Students”. In addition. she has contributed a number of research articles in national and international journals. She has also worked in the capacity of chairman and panel member of examination committes of the Solapur University. She has contributed articles for Indian Express and has been awarded the state level “Vikas Varta Puraskar” by Maharashatra Government
CA Sunil Govind Ingale – B.Com., F.C.A., A.C.M.A., DISA (ICA), (SET).
He is practicing Chartered Accountant. He has rich professional, academic and industrial experience. He has teaching experience of 16 years at UG and PG Levels, in the subjects of Accounatncy, Audit, Income Tax, Costing and Management Accountancy. He is associated with various companies and concerns in the capactiy as Auditor and Consultant. As a student, he had good academic record. He is member of various professional associations and social bodies. He is Director of Lokmangal Co-operative Bank Limited, Solapur. He is elected as Vice Chairman of the Solapur Brnach of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the year 2015-16. Earlier he has served as Treasurer of the Solapur CA Branch for the year 2014-15.
Dr.Mr. Kiran P. Chougule – B.Com., M.P.Ed., NSINS., Ph.D.
He is Director of Physical Education. His area of specialization Physical Education and Sports. He produced International and National players in football as well as other games. He has working as a committee member of Western India Football Association, Maharashtra state. He is coach cum selection committee member of WIFA and school football team of Maharashtra state. He is working has chairman and selection committee member of Solapur University Football, Basketball, Badminton and Chess teams for All India Inter University (west zone) sports championship. He worked as a Local Organizing Committee member of ONGC I-League National Football Championship. He as participated in International and National conferences on Physical Education and Sports Sciences. He has conducted National, state and university level coaching camps and various game tournaments.
Dr. Shivkumar Laxmanrao Biradar – M.A. (Economics) (NET), Ph.D., M.B.A.
He has done his Master in Economics from University Dept. of Economics, Pune and his Ph. D. from Solapur University, Solapur. He has also done his M.B.A. specializing in Finance. He has 09 years of teaching experience at UG and PG level. He has taught a wide range of courses ranging from Managerial Economics, Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Quantitative Methods, Banking and Research methodology. He has also completed UGC sponsored Minor Research Project. Mr. Biradar has number of paper publications in his credit besides writing he has presented number of papers in national and international conferences. He has been invited as resource person at various workshops. He has been working as Assistant Professor since 2010.
Dr. Shrinivas Subhash Jagtap – M.Com, (NET), PGPBM, Ph.D.(Business Administration)
A proud HNCC alumni, currently working as Assistant Professor in Commerce, since September 2010. He has total eight years teaching experience, out of which two years in a commerce college affiliated to University of Pune. He has a rich work experience in the field of corporate, having worked with Mahindra Finance Regional Office Bangalore, Shoppers Stop Bangalore, Reliance Capital Ltd. Pune. He has presented and published research papers in two National and four International conferences/journals. His area of interest is Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Modern Management Practices. Recently he has completed his Ph.D. in December 2016 from Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Dr. Navraj Govindrao Kaldate – M.A. (Eco.), M.Phil., Ph.D., MBA
He has completed B.A. from Ch.Shivaji Night College, Solapur and Master degree from Walchand college of Arts and Science, Solapur in Economics. He has also completed M.Phil. and MBA in Finance specialisation. he has completed Ph. D. from Solapur University, Solapur. He has 12 years of teaching experience. He has taught a wide range of courses ranging from Managerial Economics, Micro Economics, Money and Financial System, Indian Economy.Dr. Kaldate has number of paper publications in his credit besides writing he has presented number of papers in national and international conferences. He has been working in this Institution as Assistant Professor since 2004.
Mr. Rajendrakumar Y. Rawal. M.Com, MBA, LLM, PGDFM, NET (Commerce)
He is currently working as Assistant Professor in Commerce. He has total 5 years of teaching experience at undergraduate and post graduate level and 30 years of administrative experience at Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur. He has completed M.Com from Shivaji University, Kolhapur, MBA (HRM) from IGNOU New Delhi and LLM from Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. He has attended 03 National Conferences on Human Rights as a resource person in the State of Maharashtra and Karnataka. He has presented and published 6 research papers in national conferences/journals. Presently he is pursuing his Ph. D. in Commerce from Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded, Maharashtra. His area of interest is Management, Legal Aspects of Business and Insurance.
Mrs. Manjusha Laxmanrao Kanade - Librarian - B.Com. M. Lib. , SET, PGD LAN
She has working as a Librarian in this college from July 2015. She has total experience of 10.4 years as a Sr. College Librarian. She also has experience of Administration as a clerk of 14 years from Industries department undertaking. She has completed her B.Com.degree from Marathwada University, Aurangabad. She has completed M.Lib. degree from YCMOU, Nasik solapur centre and PGD LAN from Central University of Hyderabad. She is perusing Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from Solapur University. She has published a few research articles in Library & Information Science subject
|Sr. No.||Date||Seminar Details||Photograph|
|1.||15th February 2020||National Level Seminar on ‘Digital Innovation in Accounting and Finance’.|
|2.||7th & 8th February 2020||Two Days National Workshop On‘Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis Using MS Excel and SPSS’|
|3.||15th February 2019||State Level Seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Accounts and Finance’.|
|4.||1st & 2nd February 2019||Intellectual Property & Patent Writing.|
|5.||27th August 2019||One day State Level Workshop on Methodology of Online AQAR Submission under Revised NAAC Guidelines inassociation with IQAC Cluster India|
|6.||9th January 2019||Impact of GST on Cost|
|7.||18th February 2017||Financial Inclusion and Use of Technology BCUD, Solapur University, Solapur sponsored.|
|8.||3rd & 4th October 2016||Bhakti Movement in Maharashtra, Andhara Pradesh and Karnatak: A Modern Perspective - National Seminar in Association with Sahitya Academy|
Webinar on 'Intellectual Property--Exploring New Horizons'was organised by Entrepreneurship Development Cell-Udyamsheel in association with Career Consultants SSS Mentors, Pune on 30 March, 2021. Key Speaker: Adv CS Kunal R Sarpal Chairperson: Mr Yogesh Yawalkar
|26/03/2021||Webinar on “Company Secretary as a Career” Key Speaker CS Atul Kulkarni Details|
|23/03/2021||“ICWA as a Career”
Key Resource Person:
CMA. Murali Iyengar,
Date: 23rd March 2021,
Time: 8.30 am,
Place: Google Meet
|08/03/2021||Mrs Manjusha Gadgil addressed and interacted with students on the topic “We are Generation Equality” on the occasion of International Women’s Day.The interactive session was organised by HNCC Women Empowerment Centre - Hirkarni and Internal Complaints Committee.|
“Social Justice Day” – 20th February 2021 was celebrated by HNCC Anti Ragging Committee, Internal Complaints Committee in association with District Legal Services Authority, Solapur Speakers: Hon. Shahikant Mokashi (Civil Judge, Senior Division) Miss. Devyani Kingai –Adv (Solapur Court) Venue: Smart Room, HNCC Solapur Coordinator: Mr. R. Y Rawal and Dr. Shrinivas S. JagtapTo read more click here
|25/01/2021||11th National Voters’ Day (NVD)
Following competitions were organized for B.Com and M.Com students. 1. Online DebateCompetition 2. EssayCompetition 3. PosterCompetitionTo read more click here
|21/05/2020||COVID - 19 Online Activities
Under COVID-19 Awareness Program Digital - Poster & slogan Competition- 2020 was organized in May-June 2020To read more click here
|Sr. No.||Date||Name of the Industry||Photograps|
|1.||25th January 2020||Kothari Pipes Pvt. Ltd|
|2.||25th January 2020||Kothari Cables Pvt. Ltd||
|3.||25th January 2020||Precision Camshaft Ltd|
|4.||25th January 2020||Surjan Foods Pvt Ltd.|
|5.||26th March 2018||MacDonald’s Solapur Branch|
|6.||27th February 2016||Singham Textile Industries, Solapur|
|7.||13th March 2015||Munnot Industries Solapur|